[Peace-discuss] Toll free: thank Rep. Johnson for voting no on the war money

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri Jul 23 12:18:46 CDT 2010

An excellent idea.  This is particularity important, especially since Rep.
Johnson's Democratic opponent, David Gill, has been unwilling to make a pledge
like Johnson's, that he would against any more money for war in the Middle East.

In answer to a question, Gill said that he would have voted no on the
supplemental.  But as we know from Bob's posts on JFP, there were a number of
ways to do that, some rather deceptive.  Gill still has not made a
straightforward pledge to vote against money for war.  --CGE