[Peace-discuss] [CentralILJwJ] Ameren Illinois Power

E.Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Fri Jun 4 08:17:56 CDT 2010

One should be reminded that Ameren's history as Illinois Power included battles against the local rural electric cooperatives.  Illinois Power "salesmen" would go to public meetings during the turf wars and show the rural folk the electric wires, and explain that the wires are "round" and IP's electricity was "round" (sine wave) while REA had "square" electricity.  Which to you want?

The history of deceit is unrelenting.  Ameren continues to overcharge, and their customers pay much more than the customers of the Rural Co-ops.  Strain on the grid my foot.

They charge you more for one reason.  They have the monopoly, and the chance to make merchandise of their hapless customers.  And they do.

Further, Americans pay much more for electricity than do people in other countries (like China for instance).

I dont know if it makes you feel any better to know that Ameren stock is down over 50% from its high in 2005.

Ameren certainly is a company that is easy to dislike.