[Peace-discuss] Tragedy & farce in today's media

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 08:51:29 CDT 2010

I appreciate Colbert's brilliance, most of the time that I watch it, which I don't anymore, because I've lost part of my sense of humor in relation with what is basically liberal entertainment (see Bill Maher). Colbert's basic MO does go beyond liberal satire. But when it comes to "Jewish humor", such as it is, that particularly annoys me, particularly when its brought to bear on legitimizing Israeli criminals. That includes Michael Chabon's self-absorbed nonsense earlier this week in the NYT. But even he didn't stoop to "two Jews, three opinions." Yeah, right. And juxtapose all this to the racist cartoons that have appeared almost everyday this week in the N-G, including this morning. Not that political cartoons are even supposed to be funny anymore.

As for Oren, it's the banality of evil. Given his shameless talking points, I wonder how "Hamas is sworn to the destruction of Israel" plays with those who are inclined toward "balance" in relation to this issue. Does it expose him to them for what he is and what Israel is?

DG