[Peace-discuss] Tragedy & farce in today's media

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri Jun 11 17:42:39 CDT 2010

I mentioned the cartoons on News from Neptune (7pm this evening ch. 6).

Oren & Colbert each thought he could play the other, and I'm not sure who was
right.  That why I asked what people would take away from it. The shamelessness
of Oren's talking points may have come through.

The danger is as you say in "'Jewish humor' ... brought to bear on legitimizing
Israeli criminals."  That may be what Colbert did.

But he's in a different league from Maher, who's in danger of giving
self-regarding small-mindedness a bad name.  He even looks like Squealer in
Animal Farm.  (How do I know ... never mind.)

believed to be clean.