[Peace-discuss] Chomsky on New American Imperialism

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Jun 28 14:35:33 CDT 2010

Of course, it's not an excuse for 'staying' (i.e., continuing to kill people) or
a justification of aggression and occupation to say that that is the policy of
the entire US political establishment.  That's what we've been saying all along,
in the face of those who thought Obama would save us from the Awful McCain (or
Palin! or the Teapartiers!) - and so we had to support him...

Like Ophelia, we were the more deceived.

On 6/28/10 1:58 PM, Stuart Levy wrote:
> ... One comment that surprised me was that, from Obama's point of view,
> Chomsky thinks the dominant reasons for sticking with the war in Afghanistan,
> at this point, are domestic ones: backing out would be political suicide.

believed to be clean.