[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] couple things

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Mar 13 11:35:31 CST 2010

I think it plays into the conviction held by our political class (about 20% of
the population, roughly the college-educated) that there are two positions in
American politics - left/right, liberal/conservative, etc.  To oppose one is to
promote the other.

Obama and the Democrats have employed this assumption almost completely to coopt
the anti-war movement in the last five years.  So as a "crude, practical
matter," we shouldn't help them do it.

believed to be clean.