[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] couple things

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 14:14:53 CDT 2010

I often wonder if all our actions can be misconstrued, and yes they can.
Our anti-war demonstration this Thursday may be misconstrued to be
ONLY against the war in Iraq.
Our panel last Sunday could be misconstrued as being anti-Semitic.

But there are worse things than being misunderstood in these ways.
One worse thing is not saying anything and non-action being understood
as compliance.

Karl Rove is coming to my hometown.
He is here to do two things: promote his book and support fellow politicians.

My message, misunderstood or not, is:
Karl Rove, you are not welcome here.
Karl Rove, I hope your book is a flop.
Dear other politicians, if you think having Karl Rove on your side is
a benefit, then think again.

This has been an interesting conversation. I appreciate the
opportunity to be challenged. I deeply appreciate this community of
peace-discuss.

-karen medina

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 1:23 PM, E.Wayne Johnson <ewj at pigs.ag> wrote:
> That's an interesting take on the matter, Carl.
>
> Although I think that Karl Rove is a deserving fellow,
> it is true that the protest could easily be misconstrued as simply
> being pro-Obama or pro-Dem, which would be a sorry outcome.

believed to be clean.