[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] Israel is beginning to look a lot like South Africa of old.

C. G. ESTABROOK cge at shout.net
Fri Mar 19 13:25:45 CDT 2010

Worse.

But the important thing to note is that it wouldn't be possible without US
support - US support is a result of Israel's usefulness in the Long  War, = US
control of the oil-producing region.

(Control, not access, is the point: we don't use the oil but demand the
geopolitical advantage that control gives us. Israel is our stationary aircraft
carrier in this war.)

Laurie Solomon wrote:

> Having just seen this at  Reader Supported News
> (http://www.readersupportednews.org/
> <http://www.readersupportednews.org/> ), I am beginning to think that
> Israel is beginning to look a lot like South Africa of old.  I wonder
> what others think.
>
> *Naomi Klein | Protecting Israel's Lawlessness*

believed to be clean.