[Peace-discuss] [cchcc-l] Saturday's Health Reform Update & Take Action!

Ron Szoke r-szoke at illinois.edu
Sun Mar 21 17:03:00 CDT 2010

There is no "Obamacare" bill, only one emerging from the stew of conflicting
agendas in congress.  I respect the opinion of some of those who oppose it,
but am not wholly convinced by their rhetoric -- which in some cases consists
merely of sneers, insults, accusations & prophecies of doom.

I grant that the bill seems radically flawed & unsatisfactory as it stands, but I
support its passage in the (possibly unrealistic) hope that it can be changed to
something more like single-payer in the near future -- perhaps a year or two.
Either way, one's judgment rests on speculation about what will happen in the
future.  Those closest to the immediate situation -- CCHCC, CBHC, the nuns,
etc. -- seem overwhelmingly to support it.  Those who predict that it will
result in ultimate disaster are faking & bluffing -- standard fare on this list, to
be sure.

What disappoints me is the confluence of the glib & the gullible in opposing it,
& the notable lack of substance in their arguments.

Ambivalently,

-- Ron

believed to be clean.