[Peace-discuss] Fw: [cchcc-l] Saturday's Health Reform Update &Take Action!

Laurie Solomon ls1000 at live.com
Sun Mar 21 17:58:41 CDT 2010

Hope springs eternal, doesn't it.  Only an optimist would think that if the
bill fails the masses will insist on Medicare-for-all or anything like it
and generate a big enough demand to overcome the vested interest parties.  I
am not that optimist.

 I had hopes but no expectations that anything would ever come of the
rhetoric about health care policy reform much less radical change in the way
the health care system grounds its operation.  The hopes stemmed from the
fact that the corporations themselves were complaining about the costs of
furnishing health care benefits in terms of insurance to their employees;
but when they collapsed  and entered into an "I'll scratch your back on this
issue if you scratch mine on my issues" bargain with the insurance industry,
the pharmaceutical industry, and the health care equipment manufacturers,
the hope died a painful death.