[Peace-discuss] Israel and Aid…

Morton K. Brussel brussel at illinois.edu
Wed Mar 24 12:10:54 CDT 2010

I think your questions are all irrelevant to what Nader hopes to bring to the attention of the populace. He tries to show that Israel is undeserving of support from the USA.  Nader is not the radical you would want him to be, but his heart is in the right place, and his ideas are worth considering. Aside from this, he is appalled at what Israel policy has wreaked in the Middle East. You are prone to ignore all that.

--mkb

On Mar 24, 2010, at 12:21 AM, C. G. Estabrook wrote:

> The questions are,
>
> [1] Is Israel diverting US policy makers from pursuing the national interest?
>
> [2] Is the national interest as understood by US policy makers something to be pursued?
>
> [3] Is the national interest so understood in fact in the interest of most Americans?
>
> The answer to all three is, "No."
>

> ===
> On Tue Mar 23 2010 Brussel Morton K. <mkbrussel at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Useful remarks to try to change the atmosphere… Nader clearly doesn't believe that the U.S. head wagging the Israeli tail.
>
> 	Published on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 by CommonDreams.org
> 	Israel & Aid
> 	by Ralph Nader
> 	[...]
>
> --