[Peace-discuss] [Discuss] [CentralILJwJ] Fw: Fw: What hath got rot?

Marti Wilkinson martiwilki at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 19:15:06 CDT 2010

I don't see where Melodye was making any personal remarks directed towards
any one individual so I'm simply commenting at this point to come to her
defense. If anything I feel that she is pointing out that many of us, myself
included, come into these conversations/discussions with a degree of
privilege and that we can't always separate that from our activism. In fact,
trying to do so actually can be more harmful than helpful. Overall, this
'discussion' has been a good reminder for me as to why I removed my name
from some of these listserves :D

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 2:33 PM, C. G. ESTABROOK <cge at shout.net> wrote:

> Don't be too hard on Ms. Rosales.  I think she thought that she was making
> political comment, however inappropriate it was.
>

> Tristan B wrote:
>
>> Can we keep personal conversations between whoever is part of them?
>>

>> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 12:48 PM, C. G. Estabrook <cge at shout.net <mailto:
>> cge at shout.net>> wrote:
>>
>> This is getting a bit creepy, Melodye.
>>
>> Am I to understand that someone emailed you with observations about my net
>> worth - and you posted them - because of things I'd written about
>> politics?
>>

>> Melodye Rosales wrote:
>>
>> Oops!  Did I say a quarter of a million?  I misspoke----someone privately
>> emailed to correct me------Correction to previous email:
>>
>> Silly me----I meant to say, more than a half-million (conservative
>> estimate)
>> in C-U property alone ----add to that personal assets, medical insurance
>> packages from the University times two, University pension packages times
>> two----  So, I guess that makes their combined package putting them in the
>> (or close to---or above) millionaires?
>>
>> just clarifying...
>>

>> -- Tristan Bunner (805) 798-5096 tristan.bunner at gmail.com
>> <mailto:tristan.bunner at gmail.com>
>>
>> -- This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by
>> *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is believed to be
>> clean.

believed to be clean.