[Peace-discuss] [Discuss] [CentralILJwJ] Fw: Fw: What hath got rot?

Melodye Rosales melodye at nitrogendesign.com
Sat Mar 27 23:22:54 CDT 2010

Tristan---I agree with what you say---but let me make it clear---I am not in
battle with with anyone.  More to the point, I intentionally left my
"Naysayer" nameless--and I cannot take responsibility for someone who has
taken the anonymity of the remark and chose to own it.  An interesting
decision within itself, nonetheless, my intention was not to label a named
individual as much as questioning underlying motives. With that in mind, I
believe Marti summed it up well.

I assume there is a general lack of awareness by some--- that there are
other folks on these listservs, who are married, work or are retired from
UIUC and who are in tax brackets that a Bill, such as the Health Reform,
will dig a little deeper into their pockets then those of the middle and
poverty class.  But if folks want to put their name on the "Naysayer"
label, that is a choice they control, not me.

Moving on...
What I hope is that "Naysayers" won't distract from the purpose of such an
important forum.  Therefore, Tristan is correct to encourage personal
debates that are absent any points of interest to the Health Reform, kept
off these general discussions.

That said, it is important to note---for this and future forums---what a
"Naysayer" is and why I used the term.
*
A Naysayer is one who frequently engages in excessive complaining, negative
banter and/or a genuinely poor and downbeat attitude. Naysayers are
distinguished by their tendency to consistently view the glass half empty,
make frequent one-way trips to negative town, and constantly emphasize the
worst of a situation. They have the capacity to rant and whine for hours on
end about the most insignificant inconveniences. They tend to travel solo,
but have the keen ability to spread their pessimistic attitude to a group of
unsuspecting bystanders and encourage others to employ their mindset.

Naysayers tend to blend in with those around them rather well, granted they
have learned over the years to adapt to their surroundings. However, when
the opportunity arises, their true nature will be exposed and they will stop
at nothing to exclude others or bring a general sense of negativity to any
situation.

Not to be confused with non-Naysayers (as I intended to present myself in
the earlier emails) who fight against the negativity brought forth by
Naysayers, make the best of a situation and are not afraid to call out a
Naysayer on the spot. *

Now,  spiraling back to the Health Reform discussion--- I thought that John
W's comments responding to Claudia's second email were on point.  It was
refreshing to read John's pro and con take on the user-friendly information
extracted out of labyrinth of legal maneuvers, concessions, and revisions
the Health Care Bill has evolved from since it was originally brought to the
table.

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Tristan B <tristan.bunner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was referring to both of you.  If you want to fight about personal stuff,
> do it off list please.
>

> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 1:33 PM, C. G. ESTABROOK <cge at shout.net> wrote:
>
>> Don't be too hard on Ms. Rosales.  I think she thought that she was making
>> political comment, however inappropriate it was.
>>

>> Tristan B wrote:
>>
>>> Can we keep personal conversations between whoever is part of them?
>>>
>>> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 12:48 PM, C. G. Estabrook <cge at shout.net<mailto:
>>> cge at shout.net>> wrote:
>>>
>>> This is getting a bit creepy, Melodye.
>>>
>>> Am I to understand that someone emailed you with observations about my
>>> net
>>> worth - and you posted them - because of things I'd written about
>>> politics?
>>>

>>> Melodye Rosales wrote:
>>>
>>> Oops!  Did I say a quarter of a million?  I misspoke----someone privately
>>> emailed to correct me------Correction to previous email:
>>>
>>> Silly me----I meant to say, more than a half-million (conservative
>>> estimate)
>>> in C-U property alone ----add to that personal assets, medical insurance
>>> packages from the University times two, University pension packages times
>>> two----  So, I guess that makes their combined package putting them in
>>> the
>>> (or close to---or above) millionaires?
>>>
>>> just clarifying...
>>>

>>> -- Tristan Bunner (805) 798-5096 tristan.bunner at gmail.com
>>> <mailto:tristan.bunner at gmail.com>
>>>
>>> -- This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by
>>> *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is believed to be
>>> clean.

> --
> Tristan Bunner