[Peace-discuss] AWARE

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri May 7 11:21:28 CDT 2010

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 09:52:05AM -0600, Robert Kutz wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   This may seem like a stupid question, but is the Urbana-Champaign
> AWARE group still functioning? I ask only because I'm interested in
> the organization but the website appears to have not been updated
> since August of 2009. If it is still going, do you still meet at the
> same place and time?

Hi.  Yes! we are small but definitely still functioning -- come see
us at the Farmer's Market every Saturday until November, or at
our monthly demonstrations (first Sat of each month, 2-4pm,
Main & Neil, downtown Champaign).

We do need a new webmaster.

Our meetings are (for the moment) still where & when they've been for
the last few years -- 5pm every Sunday in the basement Family Room
of the Independent Media Center, 202 S. Broadway, Urbana
(old post office just N. of Lincoln Square).  Take the small stairway
that leads *downward* on the north (Elm St.) side -- not the wide stairs
that lead up on the west side.

However we are probably moving to a new location soon --
likely later this month.

the mostly-low-traffic main list used for event announcements etc.
When we're sure about meeting places it will be broadcast there.

> Thanks,
>
> Rob
>
> --
> believed to be clean.