[Peace-discuss] M.K.B. has forwarded an article to you fromCommonDreams.org: Kagan in Context: Shafting Progressive Values

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue May 11 01:10:07 CDT 2010

If anyone still had any doubts about whom Obama is working for, s/he should note
that to replace Justice Stevens - the last member of the Court with personal
experience of the Great Depression - Obama has nominated an apparatchik who was
a member of the Research Advisory Council of the Goldman Sachs Global Markets
Institute from 2005 through 2008.

<http://www.democracynow.org/2010/5/10/progressives_divided_over_obamas_nomination_of>_
> --Jenifer
>
> --- On *Mon, 5/10/10, Morton K. Brussel /<brussel at illinois.edu
> <mailto:brussel at illinois.edu>>/* wrote:
>

> From: Morton K. Brussel <brussel at illinois.edu <mailto:brussel at illinois.edu>>
> Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] M.K.B. has forwarded an article to you from
> CommonDreams.org: Kagan in Context: Shafting Progressive Values To:
> mkb3 at mac.com Cc: peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net Date: Monday, May 10, 2010,
> 11:26 AM
>
> A lively discussion which shows what a flake Kagan is likely to be can be
> seen on Democracy Now, a debate between Glenn Greenwald and a defender of
> Kagan. She's already been chosen by Obama, typical for him. --mkb
>
> On May 10, 2010, at 10:55 AM, mkb3 at mac.com </mc/compose?to=mkb3 at mac.com>
> wrote:
>
>> CommonDreams.org <http://www.commondreams.org/>
>>
>> M.K.B. </mc/compose?to=mkb3 at mac.com> forwarded this article to you from
>> CommonDreams.org <http://CommonDreams.org>.
>>
>> Sign up here <http://www.commondreams.org/signup>if you would like to
>> receive daily news from CommonDreams.org <http://CommonDreams.org>.
>>
>> Message from Sender:
>>
>> *More bad news for civil libertarians, but I suppose one must wait until
>> the nomination is formally presented, and approved.*
>>
>> *Kagan in Context: Shafting Progressive Values
>> <http://www.commondreams.org/forward/emailref/55878>* If President Obama
>> has his way, Elena Kagan will replace John Paul Stevens -- and the Supreme
>> Court will move rightward. The nomination is very disturbing, especially
>> because it's part of a pattern.
>>
>> The White House is in the grip of conventional centrist wisdom. Grim
>> results stretch from Afghanistan to the Gulf of Mexico to communities
>> across the USA.

believed to be clean.