[Peace-discuss] Parsing the White House Statement on the Iran Nuclear Fuel Swap Deal

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue May 18 16:08:06 CDT 2010

It looks like Iran-Turkey-Brazil delightfully wrong-footed the US and exposed
its policy for the murderous charade it is.

The US wants to reduce Iran, a major oil producer, to the obedient role it
played under the Shah, and it will use Any Means Necessary to do it.  Recently
it's been pretending it was worried by Iran's nuclear 'threat' (and of course,
the 'existential threat" it poses to Israel - undoubtedly a matter of L'étre et
le néant).

So the clever ITB's tell the Obamadmin, "You wanted the enrichment problem taken
care of, and threatened war if it weren't.  Well, we got your enrichment program
taken care of right here...!"

The US replies (somewhat less elegantly than the poet), "That is not it at all,
/ That is not what I meant, at all.” Because of course it wasn't what they meant.

But they sure look silly. --CGE

believed to be clean.