[Peace-discuss] Letter submitted to DI

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 08:41:46 CDT 2010

With modesty and humility, as well as skepticism and curiosity, one ought to
examine the facts, do one's homework, and allow for any possibility whatsoever
that one's understanding can be wildly wrong. Given all of that, one has to call
a spade a spade. Instead, we continue to be asked to entertain the possibility
that what looks like shit, smells like shit, and taste like shit, might somehow
turn out to be shinola, or perhaps there is some shinola mixed in with the shit,
somehow redeeming the shit, or presenting the possibility that the shit might
indeed begin to smell like roses. At that point, one is talking about a failure
to accept the implications of what is true, beyond a reasonable doubt. At that
point, what is the point of making an effort to discover what is true, and the
difference between right and wrong.

DG