[Peace-discuss] Help the Palestinians. Go See This Movie

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 18:34:46 CST 2010

Well, apparently we disagree on what "the point" is. I may be
"evading" your "point," but by the same token, you are evading mine.

In Budrus, Palestinians, using nonviolence, successfully resisted
plans by the Israeli occupation authorities to confiscate their land.

Budrus is one village, and land confiscation is one - very important -
aspect of the occupation.

Other Palestinian villages are using similar methods to try to resist
the confiscation of their lands by the occupation authorities, with
some success.

I claim that these efforts are more likely to be successful if more
Americans know about them and support them; and watching the Budrus
movie is one very accessible way for Americans to learn about these
efforts.

I argued this in more detail here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/help-the-palestinians-go_b_780609.html