[Peace-discuss] Obama just does more of it

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Nov 16 07:34:29 CST 2010

The Obama administration is counting on Special Operations forces' identifying
targets for Predator drones, in hopes that they won't have to raise the number
of ground troops - but still kill enough people to keep the war going. That's
the lesson they've learnt from AfPak.

"If we have multiple, highly skilled Special Operations forces identifying
targets for precision-guided munitions, we will need fewer conventional ground
forces. That's an important lesson learned from Afghanistan."  ---General Tommy
Franks, in /American Soldier/ (2004)

"If we have multiple, highly skilled Special Operations forces identifying
targets for precision-guided munitions, we will need fewer conventional ground
forces. That's an important lesson learned from Afghanistan."  ---George W.
Bush,  in /Decision Points /(2010)