[Peace-discuss] ACLU liberals

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 11:31:06 CST 2010

> The ACLU doesn't take a stand on political issues unless rights are
violated, and it isn't a peace organization,

I just want to point out the contradiction of this. War is a violation of
certain civil liberties, namely the right to life and freedom from torture.

I am a member of ACLU. Do I wish it were anti-war? Heck yes.

I find it interesting when groups say they are protecting civil liberties or
providing humanitarian aid but call war a political issue. I see why they do
-- the Red Cross or the Red Crescent would be unable to enter places where
they do their most valuable work.

I just have troubles seeing how war is a political issue alone.

-karen medina