[Peace-discuss] Brian Terrell of VCNV to visit Afghanistan; support? invite him to speak after he returns?

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.illinois.edu
Sun Nov 21 13:24:39 CST 2010

Brian Terrell of Voices for Creative Nonviolence (vcnv.org),
(and also of a Catholic Worker group in Iowa) will be visiting
Afghanistan in December, along with Kathy Kelly and others,
hearing and writing the stories of victims of the war.

Brian intends to speak to community and church groups in after
he returns; should we invite him to come here?

Also, should we try to support his trip?  As mentioned below,
they are trying to raise money so as to be no burden on their hosts.
I'll raise this at today's meeting.
(I'm aiming to send some personally whether AWARE does or not.)

(Brian is a friend of Sam Yergler and Allison McGillivray, and
Sam passed along the message below -- several days ago -- sorry.)