[Peace-discuss] For white Americans, things aren't what they used to be

Laurie Solomon ls1000 at live.com
Sun Nov 21 16:39:22 CST 2010

I submit this to you for your consideration and discussion.
This British journalist has an interesting perspective on what's going on in America.

For white Americans, things aren't what they used to be | Gary Younge | Comment is free | The Guardian
Gary Younge: Economic decline. Loss of superpower status. Those traditionally privileged are focusing on Obama, but it's not all about race
Source: www.guardian.co.uk
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".
Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
Why do Americans choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America ?
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.