[Peace-discuss] ptsd videos from YouTube for AWARE on the Air today

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 11:57:45 CST 2010

On AWARE on the Air today, I think I will share a 2 PTSD videos from
YouTube. I viewed probably 20.
3 are particularly good:

PTSD symptoms -- self-medicating, divorce -- 300%, hyper-arrousal,
rage, avoidance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8wDcr1F7_Y
(a bit of an echo) very good

woman -- Couldn't adjust to wartime service; cocaine; arrested; drug rehab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6mrHPyie0g

I'm interested in showing the above 2. This third one was also good:
==
Generals speak out about their PTSD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VsVA5p7heQ

====
====
Attempted Suicide -- put his gun in his mouth and shot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqKGgygYjAI

Attempted Suicide -- pills. Willing to die for country, so also
willing to die for his family. "My religion doesn't let me commit
suicide, but if I got to the point of attempting suicide, I had to be
suffering." (paraphrased)
Used audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4nxTIFI0xA

Shooting civilians over there, why do we think they will stop killing
civilians? Taxi drivers -- "We lit them up."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k57TptNB8G8
(take off the advert at the beginning)