[Peace-discuss] "tiip of the spear"

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Tue Nov 23 13:46:58 CST 2010

 From "the simon black newsletter":

Military tacticians and historians often make use of the term 'tip of
the spear.' It refers to a combat force that is used to puncture the
enemy's initial lines of defense, to be quickly followed by concentrated
forces which destroy any remaining threat.

Tactically, the tip of the spear is a bit of a blitzkrieg-- an
unexpected onslaught of firepower and destruction that takes the enemy
by surprise, scatters his resources, and fractures his morale.

I'm convinced that what we're seeing right now from the US
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is the tip of the spear in
the government's battle for increased control of the public.

The groundwork has been laid for years-- legislation empowering the TSA
has gradually eroded civil liberties to the point that airports in the
United States have now become 'no rights' zones. "Please remove your
shoes" has now become "Take out your prosthetic breast so I can check it
for explosives."

Passengers who show up to an airport in the United States are now given
two options: (a) go through the radiation bath [don't worry, the
government says it's safe...] and let the TSA see you naked, or (b) let
the TSA thugs grope you and fondle your children's genitals.

This is not enhanced security protocol, this is a systematic
desensitization to government intrusion. The idea is to get people used
to new procedures, then continue to add more layers of government control.

Certainly, people will complain. They will be outraged... YouTube videos
will abound of TSA agents stroking women's breasts and disrobing 5-year
old boys. The government will hold firm, though, responding that the
tactics are necessary and that they will 'look into' egregious violations.

To be clear, some of the tactics are designed to be scaled back as
concessions. It's like turning up the volume from 0 to 10... everyone
starts screaming that it's too loud, so the government turns it down to
8. People think, "ah, that's not as bad..." and eventually become
accustomed to the noise.

In time, the government turns it up from 8 to 20. People pour into the
streets again, protesting until the government turns it down from 20 to
15. People once again become accustomed to the noise as the new normal.
This cycle escalates until no one can remember the sound of silence any
longer.

It's fairly easy to do-- there will always be politicians and
bureaucrats who can invent stories about innocuous white powders and men
in caves that scare the daylights out of people.

Similarly, there will always be long lists of sociopaths, perverts, and
pedophiles who are attracted to a job description that authorizes them
to grope, fondle, humiliate, and intimidate others.

And of course, there will always be spineless nincompoops who stand by
without protest as their wives and children get violated by government
agents... and then rationalize their inaction as a necessary sacrifice
for safety...

...The fact is that body scanners are as ineffective at threat detection
as metal detectors.  Furthermore, the government has ruled out the idea
of scanning air or seaborne cargo... because, clearly, cargo would never
be a target. The little old lady with the prosthetic hip? Definitely.
Cargo? No chance.

These tactics are not about security... they're about submission,
obedience, and cultivating the slave mentality-- that people should be
afraid of their government and happily yield to authority without
question or hesitation.

To be fair, it's not just in the US; I woke up this morning to a front
page photo in the Wall Street Journal of a machine gun toting policeman
in Germany cruising a passenger train because of some hackneyed terror
threat. Much of the world is living in a similar state.

This is the tip of the spear, and what comes next can only be worse. I
don't say this to stir emotion or create a sense of panic, but rather to
appeal to reason:

The threat is very clear-- we need not fear men in caves or silly
powders, but rather the malignant intentions of our governments and the
perverse men who are attracted to its works. If these aren't the
clearest signs of a police state, I don't know what else could be.