[Peace-discuss] Why Can't Haitians Get a Fair Election?

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Tue Oct 5 15:54:53 CDT 2010

Of course I find it hair-brained that the U.S. should pay for an
election in some other country, period.

A better question is why can't we get fair elections in the U.S.?

In Illinois, as things are currently run, political parties are
completely excluded from participation if the people currently in power
don't like them, including Illinois' largest political party, the
Democrat party of deposed and criminally charged former Governor Rod
Blagojevich.

It is a telling fact of our political-media culture that while American
newspapers regularly carry articles, op-eds and editorials raising the
alarm about democracy and human rights in countries where the U.S. has
little influence, the major U.S. media are virtually silent about
extreme violations of democratic rights right here at home...