[Peace-discuss] The source of our problems

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 14:59:27 CDT 2010

Wait, Carl.... Weren't many of us "single-issue voters" in the 1970s, on the
subject of the war in Viet Nam?  You suggest that that's the cure once
again.  Strange, isn't it, that you identify the 1970s as precisely the time
when the Democratic Party began its "long right turn"?  Can you reconcile
the obvious illogic?

While you're at it, perhaps you can comment on how a LARGER bloc of
"single-issue voters" - those concerned with "law and order" - elected
Richard Nixon to the Presidency in 1968 and re-elected him in 1972, all
while the war in Viet Nam was still going on.

Over-simplification, anyone?

[Of course I too think that Amerika should get out of the imperialism
business.  The only thing that will bring that about - if anything - is our
ever-declining economy.  It'll be the same exact thing that got the Soviet
Union out of the imperialism business.]

 [Or, how not to be that terrible thing, a "single-issue voter." Tsk, tsk.]