[Peace-discuss] Tim Johnson / killing people

Laurie Solomon ls1000 at live.com
Sun Oct 17 16:49:46 CDT 2010

Again you keep bringing the discussion around to focusing on your focal
single issue, which I guess I should not be surprised by; unfortunately, the
net result is that the discussion keeps going around in circles, neither
expanding nor getting anywhere substantively.  Moreover, and of equal
significance, is the fact that your blinders have restricted the topic of
discussion to a historically specific instance or set of instances, except
when you want to pull illustrative comparisons or supportive examples fro
different specific historical instances.  Why are we focusing on de-railing
this specific war or set of conflicts rather than focusing on de-railing
wars and conflicts as well as the policies and practices which enable and
produce them in general independent of any specific instances.

 Why not demand of Gill and Johnson and other candidates for public office
at all levels of government that they commit not supporting and opposing any
legislation that supports or funds acts of war, conflict, police actions,
etc. direct or indirect, overt and covert, by the U.S and its agencies or by
other countries or third party contractors.  Why not demand that they commit
to supporting sanctions and punishments against those who violate
international laws, and domestic laws prohibiting participation in such
actions  and funding in terms of removal from office (elected, appointed, or
civil service) and the possibility of holding any public office -elected,
appointed, or civil service - for the rest of their lives, loss of any
governmental benefits acquired in the past, present, or future of their
lives,  long jail terms of ten or more years for each count to run serially
without possibility of probation, parole, pardon, or early release, and
monetary fines equal to twice the total amount earned while working for any
level of government during the course of their lifetime plus interest as a
penalty in addition to damages equal to the penalty.  With respect to
foreign governments and third party contractors, why not get their
commitment to support laws that punish them should the engage in said
behaviors by stopping all funding and governmental sales or contracts with
them or to other countries or organizations that support of fund them while
receiving funding and support from the U.S. for a period of 15 years
Moreover, why not get candidates to commit to their commitments under
penalty of being removed from office until they receive a trial and
permanently from any future office (elected, appointed, or civil service) if
they are found to have violated their commitments to the public or campaign
pledges.

Extreme proposals yes; but you get my point.