[Peace-discuss] King Obama-Canute & the tide of war

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 21 07:12:58 CDT 2010

[People are not fools, and the media accounts of Obama as caught in an AfPak
quagmire are seen as nonsense by many Americans.  The following is a post to a
thread on Facebook by a woman I don't know.  --CGE]

Isn't just weird how the Obama fanatics claim he is just a puppet, that he has
no control over his actions, that some hidden hand is forcing him to drop bombs
on babies, that he is a good and decent person who would never keep the wars
going if the generals didn't make him, etc. If this were true, why would they
support a totally weak and completely manipulated person anyway?

Then there are those who admit he is the one pulling the trigger, but it's okay
because of all the good things he is doing for us. Really?

I had someone argue with me last night that it's okay that Obama has murdered
12,000 civilians, as that's far less than Bush murdered. I asked her how many
Obama would have to kill before he pissed her off, and she said he has to kill
as many as it takes to democratize those countries!! The insanity never ends!