[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Fw: Money Can't Vote

Gregg Gordon ggregg79 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 08:05:49 CDT 2010

Well, that strikes me as quite a stretch to lay responsibility for the Iraq and
Afghanistan wars on the back of Jimmy Carter.  I could take your logic just a
small step further and put it on FDR.  Or William McKinley.  Or James K. Polk.
Plus it ignores the question of why three subsequent Republican presidents
failed to end it, as your premise indicates they should have done.  It is a sad
fact that since the disastrous and misguided McGovern campaign (God bless him),
Democrats have been so bullied and intimidated by charges of being anti-military
(not that there's anything wrong with that) that they too often feel compelled
to prove they have gonads.  I thought Clinton kept Saddam around just to have
somebody to bomb when he needed to look tough.  That's murderous and deplorable
and certainly won't get him into heaven, but that's the political landscape we
find ourselves in.  Deal with it.  Anyway, wealth and power breed arrogance.
Americans, like the British, Spanish, Romans, and every great empire before us,
think we should have our way just because God obviously loves us so.  (If He
didn't, we wouldn't be an empire.)  That's human nature, and liberals are just
as susceptible to it as conservatives.  More often than not, Democratic
militarism just takes the form of seeing to it that veterans actually receive
the benefits they've been promised, for which they get no credit whatsoever.
And "spineless" is not the same as "evil" in my eyes.  The "spineless" need to
be encouraged.  The "evil" need to be stopped.  Who can blame the Democrats for
being spineless?  Who's got their backs?  The left?

I'm a Bernie Sanders kind of guy.  I don't really consider myself a Democrat,
but I caucus with them because I think the alternative is so much worse.  But if
you really can't see any difference between, say, Karl Rove and Dennis Kucinich,
I'm not going to waste any more time arguing with you.  You're not serious.