[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Fwd: You Tell Me: Whitman Sampler

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Sep 15 07:35:17 CDT 2010

  Here's what she said on Democracy Now!  Do you object to this?  Why?

"We have had endless conversations about jobs will be our priority, jobs will be
our focus, but it is not really happening. The president asks for all ideas. We
have all been screaming many ideas, you know Republican, Democrats, from payroll
tax holiday to a really serious infrastructure and jobs program to a green bank
and to an infrastructure bank, to tax credits for small businesses. The ideas
are out there. What is missing is that sense of urgency and the political will."

As I wrote, the only thing I find objectionable in the interview is her apparent
enthusiasm for Arne Duncan.  --CGE