[Peace-discuss] NYT book review on "history of human rights"

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Sep 26 15:28:36 CDT 2010

  What they're actually talking about is the emergence of the liberal excuse for
imperialism, "humanitarian intervention," the construction of which became
necessary after the disappearance of the Communist Menace. After various
tryouts, it was fully unveiled in Clinton's attack on Serbia.

It's absurd of course for academics to be arguing about /when /"today’s human
rights movement emerged 'seemingly from nowhere'” without mentioning liberal
interventionism.  What do they think the Carr Center's /for/?