[Peace-discuss] 7:30 Wednesday 4/6, YMCA: labor + anti-war strategy meeting

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 23:28:26 CDT 2011

     Sorry, but I don't want to plan a common strategy!!      The anti-war movement has all but vanished, in spite of the majority of US electorate's opposing the continuation of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, etc, while the workers' rights movement is alive and well and poised to be huge, something we have a chance of winning if we all get behind it, stay focused and strong, and keep it simple.      Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it's all connected, I really do... and it really is, of course. And after we win this one, we can get back to teaching folks about- and working to improve the many many other things that are wrong.  But turning workers' rights protests into a peace march (or general gripe parade) isn't the way to go. Jmho.      In Solidarity,       --Jenifer