[Peace-discuss] 5 Myths re Why the South Seceded (James Loewen)

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sun Apr 10 06:02:21 CDT 2011

The best explanation of the "War of Northern Aggression" that I ever
heard came from Fred Madsen,
who took a bullet in South Vietnam during reconnaissance in the early 60's.

Fred said that the war was fought over who would control the Land
occupied by the southern states.

I find Fred's explanation to be unassailable.