[Peace-discuss] Teapartiers & the Left

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Apr 25 09:07:31 CDT 2011

These views among Republicans obviously resemble those among teapartiers (often
the same people).

But could Justin Raimondo be right in his view (characteristically expressed)
that Johnson is "a cheap knock-off" of Ron Paul?

"...I doubt many will fall for the counterfeit ... It is all too clear to me
what the Johnson campaign represents: the attempt by the so-called
'cosmopolitan' (cosmotarian?) wing of our movement [i.e., libertarianism] to
create 'the next Ron Paul' – and dump all that antiwar, anti-Federal Reserve
'kooky' stuff, which the Beltway libertarian organizations funded by the
so-called 'Kochtopus' look down their noses at..."
<http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2011/04/21/gary-johnson-caveat-emptor/>.