[Peace-discuss] debt crisis shakedown - was Re: Fw: This site is your site [Russ Feingold]

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.illinois.edu
Mon Aug 1 13:03:18 CDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 12:48:10PM -0500, C. G. Estabrook wrote:
> How about opposing/voting against Obama's debt deal?
>
> Any "progressive" who supports that, doesn't deserve the name.

MoveOn is polling its membership as to whether to support or oppose.
I'm betting the poll will go overwhelmingly against.

CREDO (progressive phone service) is urging its members to tell
the Senate to vote No.   (Durbin's phone is 202-224-2152,
and Sen. Kirk's is 202-224-2854.)

It's not even in the Democrats' own partisan interest to support this...