[Peace-discuss] But I'm a Cheerleader!

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Aug 11 19:28:33 CDT 2011

Contemporary communications technology is an advance over the soapbox and
megaphone, even though the latter produced progressive revolutions in the
capitalist era.

Cheerleading for national armies - or Obama - is regressive, and academic
intellectuals - especially in the ideological disciplines like political science
- have overwhelmingly been servants of power. But the few who haven't - from
Wright Mills to Chomsky - have been important.

What may be an good opportunity for activism will occur in DC in October:

<http://october2011.org/welcome>.   --CGE