[Peace-discuss] AWARE should teach a non-credit course at Parkland over the summer

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 16:38:59 CST 2011

For several months, I have been day-dreaming about AWARE teaching a
community course at Parkland.

The day-dream included only a few of the features of the course:
* team-"taught"; some lecture-discussion; heavy reading
* often putting together a panel discussion for a session
* sometimes utilizing debate where the students do the debating --
they have to read widely, prepare their arguments well, and think
deeply

Although I am ready to encourage any and all of these features, I am
not wed to any. Except maybe that it be team-taught because the burden
of teaching alone is too much of a time commitment for one member.

-karen medina