[Peace-discuss] AWARE should teach a non-credit course at Parkland over the summer

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Dec 19 17:30:12 CST 2011

Why don't you set it up? I'm sure a lot of AWAREists would be willing
to participate - suggest topics & readings, give lectures, lead
discussions, participate in panels, etc.

But someone needs to (in the words of the Muppet Movie) "assume the
awesome responsibilities of command" (i.e., choose among suggestions
for topic, readings, lectures/panels, etc.)

That's similar to - but not identical with - the administrative tasks
of making arrangements with Parkland, acquiring materials, publicizing
the course(s), etc.

That last shouldn't be ignored; the bromide is that you really need
only one thing to do theatre: an audience.

Ask for suggestions, but make decisions.