[Peace-discuss] Nate Silver: Paul Moves Into Lead in Iowa Forecast (driven by Dems and independents)

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Tue Dec 20 09:18:36 CST 2011

Yeah, the whole question of "crossover" in the US is pretty murky.
What's a "Democrat"? What's a "Republican"? Why shouldn't I vote where
I think I will have the most influence? Arguably the different rules
in different states about who can vote in what primary for federal
candidates violate the equal protection clause of the Constitution,
according to the standard used by the Supreme Court in Bush v. Gore.