[Peace-discuss] He wants to end the wars? Then he's a racist!

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Dec 21 17:22:08 CST 2011

When what Chris Hedges calls "the liberal class" (v. "The Death of the
Liberal Class," 2011) gave up the movement toward economic equality in
America 40 years ago - and substituted for it, as the liberal goal,
demands for diversity (racial, gender, etc.), the unforgivable sin -
and therefore most devastating charge in their lexicon - became racism.

It's an indication of how worried our elites have become by the
candidacy of Ron Paul that, as soon as he looked like winning the Iowa
caucuses, the racism charge was leveled at him.  The media that before
was able to dismiss him as a nutty outsider now has to use heavier
weapons. Here are some responses:

"Ron Paul: People call me racist because my ‘policies are winning’"
By David Edwards, Tuesday, December 20, 2011
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/20/ron-paul-people-call-me-racist-because-my-policies-are-winning/

"We Shall Overcome": Ron Paul's rise has the War Party frothing at the
mouth
by Justin Raimondo, December 21, 2011
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2011/12/20/we-shall-overcome/