[Peace-discuss] He's against the wars?! Then he's a racist!

C. G. ESTABROOK cge at shout.net
Wed Dec 21 23:51:39 CST 2011

Those whom Chris Hedges calls "the liberal class" (see his recent
book, "The Death of the Liberal Class") gave up the movement toward
economic equality in America 40 years ago. They substituted for it, as
the liberal goal, demands for diversity (racial, gender, etc.). Thus
the unforgivable social sin shifted from economic exploitation to
racism, and "racist!" became the most devastating charge in the
liberal lexicon.

It's an indication of how worried our elites have become by the
candidacy of Ron Paul that, as soon as he looked like winning the Iowa
caucuses, that charge was leveled at him. The media that before were
able to dismiss him as a nutty outsider now have to use heavier
weapons. Here are some responses:

"Ron Paul: People call me racist because my ‘policies are winning’"
By David Edwards, Tuesday, December 20, 2011
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/20/ron-paul-people-call-me-racist-because-my-policies-are-winning/

"We Shall Overcome": Ron Paul's rise has the War Party frothing at the
mouth
by Justin Raimondo, December 21, 2011
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2011/12/20/we-shall-overcome/

--CGE