[Peace-discuss] Donate $15 to Brave New Films for ad against US's Afghan war

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 21:17:55 CST 2011

This Will Get Their Attention

Watch the Video  | Help Us Buy Airtime on CNN

Dear Jenifer,
Did you know that as of Sunday, February 13, it will have been a full year since the launch of the escalated military campaign in Afghanistan? The year since has been a disaster: record civilian deaths, record troop deaths, astronomical costs. We can’t afford to wait until 2014 to end the war.

Can you donate $15 dollars to help us send a strong message that politicians in D.C. will understand?

We recently asked you to tell us why you think it’s time to end the Afghanistan War. Hundreds of you replied, and thousands of you voted on your favorite entries. Our new video features the winners, but we want take this one big step further. If we can raise $10,000 by Friday, we’ll run the video as a TV ad on CNN in Washington, D.C. for a full week.

Top vote-getter Pamela Kemp said it’s time to “imagine what this nation could be if we focused the same attention and resources on jobs and education as we do to conducting wars.” As long as we’re spending $1 million per troop, per year on a brutal war in Afghanistan, we’ll never be able to make the investments we need at home. We have to get our troops home.

Please donate $15 today to help us run our new video as an ad on CNN next week. We need your help to break through the noise and get Washington, D.C.'s attention. We only have until Friday to raise the money, so please contribute now!
Sincerely,
Derrick Crowe, Robert Greenwald
and the Brave New Foundation team

Donate today to help bring an end to this atrocious war that's not making us any safer.

To ensure delivery of our emails, please add info at bravenewfilms.org to your address book.

Also find us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, iTunes or RSS.

Brave New Foundation | 10510 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232

To modify your email preferences or to unsubscribe, click here

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time