[Peace-discuss] Mubarak Clings On... What Now For Egypt?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri Feb 11 08:58:33 CST 2011

I had to look up Quorum Sensing to see how clever this punning is.

Fisk's original use of "bacillus" implied a disease-causing organism (hope he's
OK), so I hope you noticed the continuation of the  image in the next line of
the psalm:

/Virga tua et baculus tuus, ipsa me consolata sunt: parasiti in conspectu meo
mensam adversus eos qui tribulant me./

"Your rod and your staff have comforted me" - bacillus means a little rod, and
Fisk says Mubarack was "sealed off from his (staff) like a bacillus" -

"but the parasites in my view are those who make trouble for my Smart Guy"
[mensam - I suppose that means Suleiman]...

The complaint may be more general, so to speak, if "mensa" be taken as
"organizational chart" [see "staff," above]...  --CGE