[Peace-discuss] Lakoff Idiocy

Morton K. Brussel brussel at illinois.edu
Sun Feb 20 17:02:19 CST 2011

What is it that you think Lakoff believes, he who consider himself a Democrat (?), and what do you think all Democrats really believe? Is it just corporate Democrats, or congressional Democrats (Kucinich, etc.), or party leaders, or just Obama, to which you allude? Do progressive Democrats exist?

In other words, you should be more careful what you write, just as others should, if you or they want to be taken seriously.  Blanket statements about people-groups tend to be specious.

--mkb

P.S.  I acknowledge that I didn't blanch at the Lakoff staement quoted, because I thought that he was trying to use Obama's words to speak to Obama supporters, perhaps even implying the obvious hypocrisy of the guy—stating one thing and promoting the opposite. The words seem admirable, yes/no? Lakoff does criticize Democrats, even if mildly. You might peek at the comments following the article (CommonDreams) to get an idea about how others responded.