[Peace-discuss] Fire Lt. General Caldwell! [petition from Brave New Films]

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 14:47:38 CST 2011

For yr consideration -- pls sign! --Jenifer

--- On Thu, 2/24/11, Robert Greenwald <info at bravenewfilms.org> wrote:

Fire Lt. Gen. Caldwell!

Watch the Video  | Call for Caldwell's Resignation

Dear Jenifer,
Lt. Gen. William Caldwell was just busted by Rolling Stone for using psychological operations (psy-ops) on U.S. senators and congresspeople visiting Afghanistan. His actions are unbelievable and illegal, and he must resign immediately. Sign our petition to have him removed from his post in Afghanistan.

Caldwell is one of Petraeus' most important subordinates in Afghanistan, charged with training the Afghan National Security Forces. But in this position of power, he's abused his authority, using psychological warfare experts to seek "leverage" over U.S. officials, seeking "pressure points" to manipulate legislators into spending more money and lives on the failing Afghanistan War.

His staff sought ways to use psychological operations to secretly influence lawmakers without their knowledge, and when confronted by a subordinate fed up with their illegal behavior, Caldwell's spokesperson shouted, "It’s not illegal if I say it isn’t!"

Caldwell’s actions are disrespectful, dangerous and illegal. We need to alert our elected officials that tax dollars are being spent propagandizing them and let them know we support them when they take action to stop it. And, with Congress out of session for a district work week, it's up to us to speak out while this outrage is still in the news. Please sign our petition today to demand his immediate resignation. If he will not give it, the president should fire him.

If we get 10,000 or more signatures, we'll deliver our petition to the White House and Congress next week. Please sign our petition today.

Sincerely,
Derrick Crowe, Robert Greenwald
and the Brave New Foundation team

Donate today to help bring an end to this atrocious war that's not making us any safer.

To ensure delivery of our emails, please add info at bravenewfilms.org to your address book.

Also find us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, iTunes or RSS.

Brave New Foundation | 10510 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232

To modify your email preferences or to unsubscribe, click here