[Peace-discuss] Be careful what you assume…

Morton K. Brussel mkb3 at mac.com
Thu Jan 20 11:47:30 CST 2011

I believe that Wolff's article came about because of recent hagiographical articles about Eisenhower as a man of peace and against militarism. He wanted to provide an antidote, which he did effectively. People forget history and need to be reminded.  I knew of Eisenhower's history, and yet I used his words  in a recent letter to the N-G hoping for the effect that you mention.

--mkb