[Peace-discuss] Fw: UPDATE: Elizabeth Warren

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 17:27:44 CDT 2011

Another petition to support Warren's run for US Senate.

--- On Mon, 7/18/11, Stephanie Taylor, BoldProgressives.org <info at boldprogressives.org> wrote:

#yiv592571918 , #yiv592571918 td, #yiv592571918 font {font-size:10pt;}
#yiv592571918
#yiv592571918 td p {margin:0em;}
#yiv592571918 p {margin:1em 0em;}
#yiv592571918 td div p {margin:1em 0em;}

Jenifer,
President Obama announced that he won't appoint Elizabeth Warren to lead the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and will instead appoint Rich Cordray, one of Warren's deputies.
With her track record of standing up to Wall Street and fighting for consumers, Elizabeth Warren was the best qualified for the job. 350,000 of us stood with her, and we got nearly 100 members of Congress to join us. Obviously, today's news is very disappointing.
We still need Elizabeth Warren's fierce advocacy for working families. And fortunately, it's reported that she's considering a run for Ted Kennedy's Senate seat in her home state of Massachusetts.
If the idea of Senator Elizabeth Warren inspires you, let her know! Join our new "Draft Elizabeth Warren for Senate" campaign today -- click here.
Paul Wellstone used to say he could use ten more progressives in the Senate -- "or one Elizabeth Warren."
Like Paul Wellstone, Elizabeth Warren is a bold progressive icon. And it's fitting that she'd be the one to win back Ted Kennedy's seat from Republican Scott Brown in 2012.
After a tough loss, we have to fight even harder -- and help Elizabeth Warren get back in the ring. Let's tell her that if she runs and keeps fighting for us against powerful interests, a grassroots army will be there to support her candidacy.
Help draft a bold progressive hero -- join our new "Draft Elizabeth Warren for Senate" campaign today.
Then, send this email to others -- we'll publicize the growing number of names. Thanks for being a bold progressives.
-- Stephanie Taylor, Adam Green, Forrest Brown, Amanda Johnson, Drew McConville, and the PCCC team
P.S. Rich Cordray was Ohio's Attorney General and fought Bank of America and AIG in court. Warren says Cordray "was one of the first senior executives I recruited for the agency" and "will make a stellar director." We hope he continues her legacy of holding Wall Street accountable.
You can help Warren continue her legacy by joining the "Draft Elizabeth Warren for Senate" campaign today.

Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in today.

        Paid for by the Progressive Change Campaign Committee PAC (www.BoldProgressives.org) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions to the PCCC are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.