[Peace-discuss] Gates: Congress can talk if it wants, but the war will go on

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj at pigs.ag
Fri Jun 3 23:03:36 CDT 2011

“All government is fundamentally and diametrically opposed to the
interests of the people."
- modern Chinese proverb.

A recent Rasmussen poll found that "Over half (53%) of Americans now
believe the federal government is more of a threat to individual rights
than a protector."

Rasmussen also reported:

    Most voters nationwide continue to feel disconnected from their
    government and overwhelmingly believe that Congress puts party
    politics ahead of its constituents' concerns.

    A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely Voters
    shows that only 23% believe the federal government today has the
    consent of the governed. Sixty percent (60%) do not think this is
    the case, while another 17% are undecided.

The Kucinich amendment and the anti-war movement represent a serious
threat to the Ruling Class.

The Ruling Class has the guns and the media and the hearts and minds of
the incorrigibly partisan.
They will stop at nothing to stay in power.

It really is some question as to whether or not the opponents of the
Ruling Class can
keep their powder dry enough to make a difference.