[Peace-discuss] Pointless correspondence

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Jun 15 10:36:37 CDT 2011

Dear Senator Kirk:

The deficit may be the biggest lie in US politics since McCarthyism.

The (accelerating) concentration of wealth in the US in the past thirty years
has been so great that a 15% emergency tax on investible income (not net worth)
over a million dollars would wipe out the deficit - and 99% of Americans would
not be liable for the tax.

Until Republicans and Democrats are willing to tax the wealthy, we should accept
no cuts because of the deficit bête noire.

Sincerely,

(Drs.) C. G. & L. S. Estabrook