[Peace-discuss] Japanese warning

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Mar 12 21:27:36 CST 2011

Nuclear Experts Explain Worst-Case Scenario at Fukushima Power Plant

The type of accident occurring now in Japan derives from a loss of offsite AC
power and then a subsequent failure of emergency power on site. Engineers there
are racing to restore AC power to prevent a core meltdown.

By Steve Mirsky  | March 12, 2011 |

<http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=fukushima-core>